Thank you for exploring volunteer opportunities at Los Angeles Orthopaedic Hospital. Whether you're a retiree who likes new challenges, a busy professional with a desire to make a difference or a student who wants to learn more about the world of healthcare, we encourage you to consider volunteering.
Unique opportunities are available in a variety of departments including patient care, research labs, urgent care, physical therapy, outpatient clinics, thrift shop and more. Individuals who speak both English and Spanish are especially needed.
Designed for retirees, working individuals and others who are not currently attending school.
All high school, undergraduate, graduate and professional school students are welcome.
Location of the Volunteer Office
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age and must commit to a minimum of 50 hours per year.
- All volunteers must provide documentation of a recent TB test result (from within the last 90 days). If you have not fulfilled this requirement, the Volunteer Department will arrange for you to receive a TB test through our Urgent Care Department at no charge to you. If you prefer, you may see your own primary care provider but the cost is then your responsibility.
- All volunteers must attend an orientation and training session where you will learn the history and mission of Los Angeles Orthopaedic Hospital, receive important information about Fire Safety, Patient Confidentiality, Infection Control and learn about the available volunteer placements. Please call the Volunteer Department to schedule an orientation. Orientations are held every month.
- Prior to Volunteer Orientation, an interview with a member of the Volunteer Department will be arranged where you will have the opportunity to speak one-on-one regarding your interests in volunteering.
- Volunteers must be available to schedule volunteer hours Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
The Volunteer Services office is located on the on the 2nd floor of the Lowman Outpatient Building at 2400 S. Flower St., Los Angeles. Please follow the signs located in the 2nd floor elevator lobby to our office.
Continue: Thrift Shop
For additional information about becoming a Los Angeles Orthopaedic Hospital volunteer or the date of the next Volunteer Orientation, please click here or call the Los Angeles Hospital Volunteer Services Department at (213) 742-1532.
Read about our annual Volunteer Recognition and Awards event.
Volunteerism may be defined as contributing one's time or talents for charitable, educational, social, political, or other worthwhile purposes, usually in one's community, freely and without regard for compensation. Since the seventeenth century, Americans have shaped their nation by their voluntary efforts: providing services, organizing political action, caring for the poor, reaching out to the disadvantaged, providing education, ensuring equality and civil rights for all citizens, and working for change. At Los Angeles Orthopaedic Hospital, we count on volunteers. You make a difference! Thank you for considering giving your time to LAOH.