Fact Sheet About Our New Name
· Established in 1911 by Dr. Charles LeRoy Lowman. Over the last 102 years we have been called different names including: Orthopaedic Department Clinic for Children, Orthopaedic Hospital School, Orthopaedic Hospital, and most recently Los Angeles Orthopaedic Hospital. The constant has been our mission.
· With all the changes in health care, the board renamed our organization as Orthopaedic Institute for Children (OIC). This is taking effect August 1, 2013.
· Also renamed effective August 1, 2013: Orthopaedic Hemophilia Treatment Center (OHTC) and Orthopaedic Foundation (OF).
· With our new identity, we have new logos. Our new logos retain characteristics of our previous logo for example: similar corporate blue color, slightly different font type and the concentric circles remain the same as the previous logo. The new logos created are for OIC, OHTC and OF.
· The OIC campus in downtown Los Angeles houses: Outpatient Clinics; the Urgent Care Center; Hemophilia Treatment Center; J. Vernon Luck, Sr., M.D. Research Center; It’s A Bargain Thrift Shop; Everychild Foundation Universally Accessible Playground.
· Through our alliance with UCLA, the Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center and Orthopaedic Hospital houses the Renee and Meyer Luskin Children’s Clinic. We also helped to build the Orthopaedic Hospital Research Center on the UCLA Westwood campus, and we have sponsored the Valley Orthopaedic Clinic in Calexico for more than 50 years.
· The license name of the Santa Monica hospital, which is part of UCLA Health, is Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center and Orthopaedic Hospital. The use of the Orthopaedic Hospital name in the license is part of our alliance agreement with UCLA.
· The OIC new name was unanimously endorsed by all the stakeholders and support group representatives who participated in various focus groups and meetings.
· The new name reflects our genesis and our future – as an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of children with orthopaedic problems through patient care, research and education.
· Our new and improved patient centered website is www.ortho-institute.org.
· The current OIC president and chief executive officer is Dr. Anthony A. Scaduto. Dr. Scaduto is also the Charles L. Lowman Professor of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Chief of Pediatric Orthopaedics and Executive Vice Chair, UCLA/Orthopaedic Hospital Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
· With all these changes, a new brand and a fresh and modern look, OIC is preparing for the next generation of children we serve. OIC will continue to be a leader in pediatric orthopaedics today and for the future.