Tigran Avoian, M.D., Ph.D.
Primary Area of Practice
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
Orthopaedic Institute for Children 403 West Adams Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90007 Appointments: Phone (213) 741-8330 Fax (213) 741-8338
Hospital and Institute Affiliation(s)
Orthopaedic Institute for Children
Glendale Adventist Medical Center
Medical Board Certifications
California Medical Board, 2009.
Drug Enforcement Administration, 2009.
Medical School: The Yerevan State Medical University, Yerevan, Armenia, 1987-1993.
Internship: General Surgery, USC, Los Angeles, California 2007-2008.
Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, Moscow Medical Academy, Moscow, Russia, 1993-1998.
Fellowship: Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Hospital / UCLA, Los Angeles, California 2008-2009.
Fellowship: Sports Medicine: Arthroscopic and Reconstructive Joint Surgery, AOS Medical Center, Glendale, California 2009-2011.
Advancing and optimizing non-operative pediatric fracture care
Developing orthopaedic urgent care and orthopaedic emergency room services
Developing "Orthopaedic Hospitalist" specialty concept and training
Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of Northern America, 2013
Pediatric fracture care - diagnostics and treatment
Ponseti method of clubfoot management
Timely access to pediatric orthopaedic urgent care
1. Avoian T, Choi PD, Manjra N, Weiss J. Inflatable Bouncer-Related Fractures in Children. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. 2008 Sep; 28(6): 656-659. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 18724203.
2. Zionts L, Ebramzadeh E, Knutsen A, Borkowski S, Avoian T, Sangiorgio S. Accuracy of Radiographs in Assessment of Displacement in Lateral Humeral Condyle Fractures. Journal of Trauma 2011 (submitted).
3. Avoian T, Zionts L. Sliding closed wedge osteotomy for cubitus varus deformity caused by lateral condyle fracture in children. A case report. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics Br. 2011 (submission pending).
1, Musalatov Kh, Avoian T, et al. Rehabilitation of patients with chronic Lumosacral Facet Syndrome (abstract in Russian). Palliative Medicine and Rehabilitation. Proc of International Congress. 1996 Oct; 151.
2, Musalatov Kh, Silin L, Avoian T, et al. Facet Syndrome caused by Lumosacral Degenerative Disc Disease (abstract). International Journal of Immunorehabilitation. 1996 Jan; 2:102.
3. Chensky A, Avoian T. Facet Syndrome of Lumosacral Spine Patholoty (abstract in Russian). Problems of Spine and Spinal Cord Surgery. Proc. Novasibirsk of Scientific Conference. 1996 Jan; 109-110.
4. Chensky A, Avoian T, Relin V, Makirov S. Sacrioleal Joint Syndrome of Spine and Pelvis Pathology (abstract in Russian). Actual Problems of Surgery. Proc. of Conference Moscow. 1996 Feb; 108-109.
5. Musalotov Kh, Chensky A, Avoian T. Conservative Treatment of Patients with Facet Syndrome caused by Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease (abstract in Russian). Vertebrology: Problems, Researches, Solutions. Proc of Conferenece, Moscow. 1998 Sep; NA 136-137.